Currently, a third of the protected territories of Ukraine are in the zones of active hostilities, occupation and humanitarian crisis. Most of them do not receive state support due to the inability to transfer funds to the occupied territories and long bureaucratic procedures. There is also no income from tourism.
That’s why we decided to direct all charitable funds that come to our account to support those who are in trouble.
You can help Ukrainian nature by transferring funds via the link, there are accounts for transfers in foreign currency.
What will your help be used for?
- For the purchase of fodder and medicine for animals in zoos and enclosures of nature reserves, conversion of enclosures, etc.;
- To implement possible measures to preserve the most valuable natural ecosystems or objects;
- To restore the critical infrastructure of nature-reserved areas damaged by the war;
- To help workers of nature reserves who have lost their homes, are in the zone of active hostilities, need food, water, medicine, etc.
- To maintain basic life activities of protected institutions.
For the safety of protected area workers from temporarily occupied zones, we will not disclose the details of the assistance provided until such areas are liberated. However, after the war, we will make a detailed report on how, with your help, we saved Ukrainian nature and the people who defend it despite shelling and occupation.
Photo by farmgirl, CC BY 2.0